Both Mt. Spokane Ski Patrol (MSSP) Ski Swap, in Spokane, and Winter Swap, in Coeur d’Alene, have been cancelled for 2021.
MSSP published the following statement regarding the cancellation for this year’s swap, originally scheduled for October 29-31.
“Mt. Spokane Ski Patrol’s mission is to provide the highest degree of public safety, whether on the mountain or at our annual Ski Swap. As a first responder organization whose mission is to protect and serve our skiing community, amidst the current conditions of this ongoing pandemic, MSSP has arrived at the painfully difficult decision to cancel the Ski Swap for the second year in a row.
We know this decision greatly affects our ski shop partners as well as our community who’ve missed out on our annual Swap now for two years running. Several of our shop partners have decided to hold their own gear exchange event the same weekend we had planned for Ski Swap.
We wish them the best and look forward to having them back at the legendary MSSP Ski Swap in October 2022. We’re looking forward to the coming season, a return to normalcy, and the biggest Swap ever in 2022. Thank you for your support and we’ll see you on the hill!”
Ski Swap Shopping pre-COVID. // Photos courtesy of MSSP Ski Swap and Winter Swap.
Northwest Swap Events Still Happening
Ski swap events are still slated to happen in western Washington, southern Idaho, and Montana. Be sure to visit event websites to learn admission requirements. In King County, for example, either proof of COVID vaccination or negative COVID test result is required to attend any event with over 500 people.
- Bellingham, Wash.: Komo Kulshan Ski Swap – October 14-16, 2021
- Seattle, Wash.: West Seattle Ski & Snowboard Swap – October 16-17, 2021
- Colville, Wash.: 49 Degrees North Ski Swap – October 22-23, 2021
- McCall, Idaho: Payette Lakes Ski Club Ski Swap – October 22-24, 2021
- Spokane, Wash.: Spokane Ski & Snowboard Expo – October 29-30, 2021
- Missoula, Montana: Winter Gear Swap – October 30-31, 2021
- Bozeman, Montana: Bridger Ski Foundation Ski Swap – November 6-7, 2021
- Moscow, Idaho: Outdoor Equipment Sale & Swap (University of Idaho’s Outdoor Program) – November 11, 2021
- Sandpoint, Idaho: SARS Ski Swap – November 12, 2021
- Bellevue, Wash.: Newport Ski Swap – November 12-13, 2021
Tips for Buying Winter Gear
Get ready and prepare for an optimal ski swap shopping experience with tips, suggestions, and buying advice from OTO writers.
- Gearing Up On A Budget
- Tips for Buying New Ski Gear: Alpine Boots & Alpine Skis
- 6 Tips for Budget-Friendly Skiing
- What to Wear To Ski & Snowboard On a Budget
- Surviving the Ski Swap Experience With Your Kids
Not sure which winter snow sport your family wants to do? Read “How To Choose a Family Winter Sport.”