Thank you to all who submitted for our 2018 contest. The winners will be announced in June, and winning photos will be published in the June print issue of Out There Outdoors.
2018 Outdoor Dog Photo Contest Details
Round up the best photos of your outdoors loving hound doing their thing outside in the great Inland Northwest! Submissions must be in no later than May 20, 2018. Winning photos will be published in the June 2018 issue of Out There Outdoors. Categories include:
- Best in Show: That’s our pick for best all-around photo.
- Hounds in Action: Your best friend running, jumping, and living it up in their favorite Inland NW outdoor haunt.
- Water Dogs: Your pup living it up in, on or around an Inland NW lake or river.
- On the Trail: A posed or action shot of your trail companion out on an Inland NW trail.
- Best with Owners. You and your pooch posed or playing together in a beautiful Inland NW outdoor setting.
Prizes for the winners of the five categories may include one or more awesome prizes (check at prizes at the bottom) from Prairie Dog Pet Mercantile. Also, each category winner will receive a Diamonds in the Ruff T-shirt and the Best in Show winner receives a free registration for a Diamonds in the Ruff dog training class ($115 value).
Thanks you to our awesome contest sponsors!
Diamonds in the Ruff, based in Spokane, Wash., is a positive-reinforcement dog training school that provides kind and gentle training classes that focus on the dog-owner relationship. Founded by Carol and Dana Byrnes more than 20 years ago, they use motivational no-force methods that focus on building great relationships between families and their pets. Classes start monthly, and whole families are welcome to attend together with their pet. All levels of classes are offered, from beginner to advanced, in addition to specialty classes, workshops, and private lessons. Learn more about their classes here.
Prairie Dog Pet Mercantile is a locally-owned shop with two locations in Spokane offering quality pet food and supplies including leashes, toys, health products, and gear to get your best friend outside with you! Prairie Dog’s goal is to offer the highest quality products they can find with an emphasis on local or regional manufacturers. Find them online here.
- The photo must be yours OR you must have permission to enter it.
- All photos need to include your hound in an outdoor setting in the greater Inland Northwest, which for this contest includes the geography between the Cascade Crest of Washington and Oregon east to the Continental Divide and all landscapes from the British Columbia Kootenay region south to eastern Oregon and central Idaho.
- Only one photo per category can be submitted per person (5 total).
- Your five total submissions can include more than one dog.
- Out There Outdoors reserves the right to publish submitted photos and captions in print and online at any time.
- Winners and runners up will be selected by OTO and published in the June 2018 issue.
- To be considered, each photo must be attached to an email as a high resolution (2MB or more) image in the jpeg format with OUTDOOR DOG CONTEST in the Subject line. Each photo entry needs to include a photo credit and caption suggestion in the body of the email for each photo. Creative, descriptive captions may influence the judges! Also include your full name and a phone number where we can reach you.
- Submit your entries by May 20, 2018 for consideration.
- Winning photos will be printed in Out There Outdoor’s June 2018 issue and prizes will be awarded to winners.
Prizes from Prairie Dog Pet Mercantile