2019 Outdoor Dog Photo Contest Details
Round up the best photos of your outdoors loving hound doing their thing outside in the great Inland Northwest! Submissions must be in no later than May 15, 2019. Winning photos will be published in the June 2019 issue of Out There Outdoors.
- Best in Show: That’s our pick for best all-around photo.
- Hounds in Action: Your best friend running, jumping, and living it up in their favorite Inland NW outdoor haunt.
- Water Dogs: Your pup living it up in, on or around an Inland NW lake or river.
- On the Trail: A posed or action shot of your trail companion out on an Inland NW trail.
- Best with Owners. You and your pooch posed or playing together in a beautiful Inland NW outdoor setting.
2018 Contest Sponsors
Thanks you to our awesome contest sponsors!
Diamonds in the Ruff, based in Spokane, Wash., is a positive-reinforcement dog training school that provides kind and gentle training classes that focus on the dog-owner relationship. Founded by Carol and Dana Byrnes more than 20 years ago, they use motivational no-force methods that focus on building great relationships between families and their pets. Classes start monthly, and whole families are welcome to attend together with their pet. All levels of classes are offered, from beginner to advanced, in addition to specialty classes, workshops, and private lessons. Learn more about their classes here.
Prairie Dog Pet Mercantile is a locally-owned shop with two locations in Spokane offering quality pet food and supplies including leashes, toys, health products, and gear to get your best friend outside with you! Prairie Dog’s goal is to offer the highest quality products they can find with an emphasis on local or regional manufacturers. Find them online here.
2019 Contest Rules
- The photo must be yours OR you must have permission to enter it.
- All photos need to include your hound in an outdoor setting in the greater Inland Northwest, which for this contest includes the geography between the Cascade Crest of Washington and Oregon east to the Continental Divide and all landscapes from the British Columbia Kootenay region south to eastern Oregon and central Idaho.
- Only one photo per category can be submitted per person (5 total).
- Your five total submissions can include more than one dog.
- Out There Outdoors reserves the right to publish submitted photos and captions in print and online at any time.
- Winners and runners up will be selected by OTO and published in the June 2019 issue.
- To be considered, each photo must be attached to an email as a high resolution (2MB or more) image in the jpeg format with OUTDOOR DOG CONTEST in the Subject line. Each photo entry needs to include a photo credit and caption suggestion in the body of the email for each photo. Creative, descriptive captions may influence the judges! Also include your full name and a phone number where we can reach you. Send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit your entries by May 15, 2019 for consideration.
- Winning photos will be printed in Out There Outdoor’s June 2019 issue and prizes will be awarded to winners.