This Booty has been FOUND! Congrats Lisa!
Trail of the Coeur d’Alenes Hydration Package
One of Northwest’s longest paved biking trails will have you pedaling past lakes, along a wild river, through friendly small towns and wetlands and woods teaming with birds and other wildlife–all without the crowds you might expect. If you haven’t ridden the Trail of the Coeur d’Alenes yet, put it at the top of your summer trip list. The trail’s 73.2 paved miles stretches from Plummer to Mullan through the evergreen forests of the Idaho Panhandle mountains. Enjoy some fresh air and peace and quiet as you ride the most scenic sections of the trail. With this Backcountry Booty hydration package, you’ll have some essential items that will let you extend your trip and explore a summer’s-worth of other outdoor adventures nearby. Bike, run, walk, or rollerblade along the trail, then stay in one of the trail-side communities like Harrison, Kellogg, or Wallace. It’s a family-friendly adventure destination with historical landmarks along the way and many summer events!
With this special Backcountry Booty, the winner will receive:
- A $25 DOMA coffee gift card
- A HydraPak STASH 1L flexible, collapsable water bottle ($25 value)
- Lyte Balance 2-oz. electrolyte concentrate, perfect for adding to your favorite drink ($7.50 value)
- 2 VIP Spokatopia Outdoor Adventure Festival Passes ($170 value)
- Out There Outdoors sticker and keychain
Thanks to our contest sponsors Visit North Idaho and Visit Idaho!
Clues are below, as are the rules on how to play! Good luck! It’s Finder’s Keepers!
Play the Out There Outdoors Backcountry Booty treasure hunt contest and you get to explore different trails around the region and possibly win gift certificates for cool outdoor gear and other prizes. Here’s how it works:
- We hide a booty certificate, that’s good for whatever prizes are up for grabs, near a trail somewhere in a park or recreation area in the greater Spokane area.
- We name the general location and offer up a few clues and photos on Facebook and the Out There Outdoors website (scroll down on this page for the clues and pics).
- You “like” the Out There Outdoors Facebook page to keep in the loop when a new booty is up for grabs, and then check the contest page at OutThereOutdoors.com to review all the current clues.
- You take care not to trample native plants/wildlife while you’re searching. No digging, turning over rocks or disturbing shorelines, logs or brush that provide important wildlife habitat is required to find a booty and is highly frowned upon and will bring you bad booty karma! Walk, look around and pay attention to the clues and forest/nature around you. We also encourage you to take along a garbage bag for picking up trash whenever you’re out hunting for booty.
- We keep giving out clues on Facebook and on our website until someone finds the booty and wins.
- Winners take a victory photo at the location where they find it and post the photo on the Out There Outdoors Facebook page to confirm that the booty has been found (letting us know that you found the booty right away is important–email us with questions).
- Follow the instructions on the booty certificate and we will let you know where to pick up the prize(s)!
Clue # 1
When you see this meadow from the trail, keep going! You’ll need to see the cool waters of Newman Lake before you’re “hot.”