A project of the Spokane Bicycle Club is the annual planning and hosting of Bike Everywhere Spokane festivities, which includes a month’s-long series of guided group rides, cyclist networking events, a free Bike to Work Week breakfast, and a final party, all with the goal of increasing cycling participation and awareness of what a great place Spokane is for riding a bike.
The Spokane Bicycle Club is encouraging area cyclists to find any excuse to leave the car at home and get on bikes during the month of May.
Free Bike Everywhere Spokane events for May 2022 include:
- Bloomsday Bike Corral: Sunday, May 1, with free, secure bike stowage for Bloomsday participants.
- Latah Creek Trail Ride: Thursday, May 4. Explore Latah Creek paths, Highbridge Park, and quaint Vinegar Flats neighborhood on a guided group ride.
- Mothers Day Bike and Hike Ride: Sunday, May 8. Seven-mile ride on the Centennial Trail and residential streets to Drumheller Springs Park for snacks and a hike in this historic, little-known natural area.
- Ben Burr Trail Ride and Knitting Klatch: Monday, May 9. Seven-mile bike tour of three recently created natural areas on the southside, plus the Ben Burr Trail with a finish at a coffee shop with optional knitting.
- Children of the Sun Ride: Wednesday, May 11. Ride the Children of the Sun Trail to its southern terminus in Hillyard (nine miles).
- South Hill Natural Areas: Sunday, May 15. Tour five natural areas plus the Ben Burr Trail (about nine miles).
- Bike to Work Week: May 16-22. Includes multiple cool events detailed below, but the main point here is to get you all riding your bikes to work for the week.
- Pancake Breakfast in Riverfront Park: Monday, May 16. Kick off Bike to Work Week with Roast House coffee and blueberry pancakes in Riverfront Park with others riding their bikes to work.
- Ride of Silence: Wednesday May 18. A silent procession in Riverfront Park to honor cyclists killed or injured on the road.
- Energizer Stations: Friday, May 20 (National Bike to Work Day). Grab free snacks, coffee, and other goodies at energizer stations around Spokane just for riding your bike to work!
- Bike Tour of Historic Corbin Park Neighborhood: Sunday, May 22. Join Spokane’s Historic Preservation Office for a bike tour of Spokane’s historic Corbin Park Neighborhood (4.5 miles).
- Bike Everywhere Wrap-up Party: Friday, May 27. Bring along your dinner and celebrate Bike Everywhere Month at Manito Park (ice cream treats, water, and prizes provided).
- Ben Burr Trail Ride: Sunday, May 29. Enjoy the paved Ben Burr Trail, University Bridge, and bike/ped trails in the East Central area (nine miles).
Find all the event details at Spokanebicycleclub.org.
Learn more about the Spokane Bicycle Club in this story from May 2019.