Enjoy these events hosted by Spokane Bicycle Club for the upcoming Bike to Work Week, May 13-17. Events are open to everyone. Helmets required.
- Pancake Breakfast in Riverfront Park: Monday, May 13, 7-9 a.m. at skate-ribbon plaza. Free blueberry pancakes and Roast House coffee.
- Spokane Bicycle Club General Meeting: Monday,May 13, 6:30 p.m. at Mountain Gear Headquarters (6021 E. Mansfield); public welcome, educational and adventure programs offered, plus treats and cycling fellowship.
- Energizer Stations: Tuesday, May 14, 7-9 a.m. Free snacks, coffee and other goodies, find locations around Spokane at spokanebicycleclub.org/Energizer-Stations.
- Sandifur Bridge to Fish Lake Trail Ride: Wednesday, May 15, 11:45 a.m.-1:30 p.m., starting at Riverfront Park (meet by runner statues). Ride led by City of Spokane engineer Brandon Blankenagel, to explore a proposed route through High Bridge Park, connecting Sandifur Bridge to the Fish Lake Trail at Milton St. Unpaved path; mountain bike suggested.
- Ride of Silence: Wednesday, May 15, 6:00 p.m. at Riverfront Park’s Michael Anderson astronaut statue (by Centennial Trail behind performing arts center). A silent procession on a downtown loop, escorted by Spokane Biyle Police, to honor cyclists killed or injured on the road, preceded by short dedication.
- Spokane in Motion – The Danes are Coming: Thursday, May 16 at 5:30 p.m. Gonzaga Hemmingson Auditorium (lower level). Danish cycling expert Troels Andersen and local expert Spencer Gardner will present interesting insights on bicycles and infrastructure in Denmark and the U.S., followed by Q&A.
- National Bike Everywhere Day – Pizza and Beer Party: Friday, May 17, 5:30-7 p.m. at David’s Pizza (803 W. Mallon). Beer, free pizza, and door prizes.
[Feature photo courtesy of Coeur d’Alene Parks Department]