UPDATE: This booty has been FOUND! Congrats Maribeth!
Ready to play Out There Outdoors’ Backcountry Booty treasure hunt contest? Read on for our contest rules and details. Then get out there and find the booty!
This Hydration & Hammock backcountry booty package includes:
- HydraPak STOW 500 ml flexible water bottle ($14 value)
- $25 DOMA coffee gift card ($25 value)
- 2-oz. Lyte Balance electrolyte concentrate ($7.50 value)
- Doublenest Eno Hammock ($80 value)
- 2 Out There keychains
Play the Out There Outdoors Backcountry Booty treasure hunt contest and you get to explore different trails around the region and possibly win gift certificates for cool outdoor gear and other prizes. Here’s how it works:
- We hide a booty certificate, that’s good for whatever prizes are up for grabs, near a trail somewhere in a park or recreation area in the greater Spokane area.
- We name the general location and offer up a few clues and photos on Facebook and the Out There Outdoors website (scroll down on this page for the clues and pics).
- You “like” the Out There Outdoors Facebook Page to keep in the loop when a new booty is up for grabs, and then check the contest page at OutThereOutdoors.com to review all the current clues.
- You take care not to trample native plants/wildlife while you’re searching. No digging, turning over rocks or disturbing shorelines, logs or brush that provide important wildlife habitat is required to find a booty and is highly frowned upon and will bring you bad booty karma! Walk, look around and pay attention to the clues and forest/nature around you. We also encourage you to take along a garbage bag for picking up trash whenever you’re out hunting for booty.
- We keep giving out clues on Facebook and on our website until someone finds the booty and wins.
- Winners take a victory photo at the location where they find it and post the photo on the Out There Outdoors Facebook page to confirm that the booty has been found (letting us know that you found the booty right away is important–email us with questions).
- Follow the instructions on the booty certificate and we will let you know where to pick up the prize(s)!
It’s going to be HOT this week! So, we hid the Booty alongside the river to help you stay cool: this Booty is hidden at Riverside State Park!
Begin by crossing the swinging bridge. Choose a direction on Trail 25 and search low near the river! The Booty is hidden within a mile of the bridge.
When you cross the swinging bridge, take a right on Trail 25. When you come to the option of many trails (above), bear right again—toward the river! The Booty certificate (that brown paper square) is hidden in something old.