This Booty Has Been Found!
Play the OTM Backcountry Booty treasure hunt contest and you get to explore different trails around the region and possibly win gift certificates for cool outdoor gear and other prizes. Here’s how it works along with a few rules you need to follow to play:
- We hide a booty certificate, that’s good for whatever prizes are up for grabs, near a trail somewhere in a park or recreation area in the greater Spokane area.
- We name the general location and offer up a few clues and photos on Facebook and the Out There Monthly website (scroll down on this page for the clues and pics).
- You “like” Out There Monthly’s Facebook page to keep in the loop when a new booty is up for grabs, and then check the contest page at OutThereMonthly.com to review all the current clues.
- You take care not to trample native plants/wildlife while you’re searching. No digging, turning over rocks or disturbing shorelines, logs or brush that provide important wildlife habitat is required to find a booty and is highly frowned upon and will bring you bad booty karma! Walk, look around and pay attention to the clues and forest/nature around you. We also encourage you to take along a garbage bag for picking up trash whenever you’re out hunting for booty.
- We keep giving out clues on Facebook and on our website until someone finds the booty and wins.
- Winners take a victory photo at the location where they find it and post the photo on Out There Monthly’s Facebook page to confirm that the booty has been found (letting us know that you found the booty right away is important–email us with questions).
- Follow the instructions on the booty certificate and we will let you know where to pick up the prize(s)!
Whitewater Ski Resort’s Coldsmoke Powder Fest & Great Outdoors & Bike Expo Ticket Package
Coldsmoke Powder Fest Ticket/Clinic Package (February 24-26, 2017): The lucky booty hunter who finds this certificate wins a Full Monty Package to the 11th Annual Coldsmoke Powder Fest February 24-26 at Whitewater Ski Resort in Nelson, B.C. The package includes one ticket to both social events (Friday night’s opener film fest and Saturday night’s Mountain Mingler); 3 full-day ski or snowboard clinics of your choice (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday); and 3 days of lift tickets for the weekend (Friday-Sunday). ($525 value.) This event is the ultimate festival for inbounds and backcountry skiers and snowboarders. Come for the legendary snow and incredible terrain that Whitewater is famous for and go home extra stoked after diving deep into the festivals packed schedule of clinics, competitions, demos, parties and other antics. Build your skills and learn from world-class skiers and riders, test the latest and greatest in demo gear, or sign up for a randonee race or other competitions.
Spokane Great Outdoors & Bike Expo Tickets (February 18-19, 2017): This Backcountry Booty prize also includes 4 tickets to the Spokane Great Outdoors & Bike Expo ($40 value). Discover the best outdoor recreation and travel opportunities the Inland Northwest has to offer at the Spokane Convention Center February 18-19, 2017. Cruise over 40 exhibitor booths featuring a huge selection of bikes (for sale and demo), paddleboards, kayaks and other outdoor gear; check out travel destinations, zip line tours and outfitters; win outdoor gear; and take part in free outdoor recreation oriented activities and clinics, including slacklining, bike demos, yoga, geocaching, photography, fitness demonstrations, and more. Find all the details on the expo website here or on Facebook here.
THIS BOOTY HAS BEEN FOUND!
Backcountry Booty clue #5: The view from the booty.
Backcountry Booty clue #4: And here is the hiding spot for the Coldsmoke Powder Fest/Great Outdoors & Bike Expo ticket package booty!
Backcountry Booty clue #3: The booty is out here somewhere. If you find this spot, you’re narrowing in on it.
Backcountry Booty clue #2: This beautiful landmark means you’re headed in the right direction.
Backcountry Booty clue #1: Surprisingly close to downtown Spokane, this beautiful, snow-covered conservation area is the perfect place to explore on foot, snowshoes, cross-country skis or fat bike as you get to know the trails weaving throughout this 600+ acre, pine-and-pond studded natural area. Start at the parking area and head towards the location pictured below. The booty is hidden along one of the packed-down trails.