THIS BACKCOUNTRY BOOTY HAS BEEN FOUND!
Backcountry Booty Prize:
For our latest Backcountry Booty, you’ll be searching for a prize voucher good for 2 adult lift tickets at Big White Ski Resort near Kelowna, B.C., Canada, for two days! Scroll down for contest rules and clues that we will keep dishing out until someone finds the Booty!
Here’s what this Backcountry Booty looks like, although you won’t find it sitting on the ground like this!
Want to check out Big White Ski Resort (one of the biggest and snowiest resorts in the Northwest) with other Out There readers December 14-16 at an amazing price? Click below or here and check this trip out!
Play the Out There Outdoors Backcountry Booty treasure hunt contest and you get to explore different trails around the region and possibly win gift certificates for cool outdoor gear and other prizes. Here’s how it works along with a few rules you need to follow to play:
- We hide a booty certificate, that’s good for whatever prizes are up for grabs, near a trail somewhere in a park or recreation area in the greater Spokane area.
- We name the general location and offer up a few clues and photos on Facebook and the Out There Outdoors website (scroll down on this page for the clues and pics).
- You “like” the Out There Outdoors Facebook page to keep in the loop when a new booty is up for grabs, and then check the contest page at OutThereOutdoors.com to review all the current clues.
- You take care not to trample native plants/wildlife while you’re searching. No digging, turning over rocks or disturbing shorelines, logs or brush that provide important wildlife habitat is required to find a booty and is highly frowned upon and will bring you bad booty karma! Walk, look around and pay attention to the clues and forest/nature around you. We also encourage you to take along a garbage bag for picking up trash whenever you’re out hunting for booty.
- We keep giving out clues on Facebook and on our website until someone finds the booty and wins.
- Winners take a victory photo at the location where they find it and post the photo on the Out There Outdoors Facebook page to confirm that the booty has been found (letting us know that you found the booty right away is important–email us with questions).
- Follow the instructions on the booty certificate and we will let you know where to pick up the prize(s)!
Backcountry Booty clue #3: No need to climb a tree to catch a glimpse of this guy. (THIS BOOTY HAS BEEN FOUND)
Backcountry Booty clue #2: You are headed in the right direction. Keep an eye out for another clue coming soon.
Backcountry Booty clue #1: The search for this Booty will take you to the beautiful Little Spokane River Natural Area. Dogs and bikes are not allowed on these trails, so please plan accordingly. Also, we took care not to hide the Booty along the river trail, which provides important wildlife habitat that we didn’t want to disturb with extra foot traffic. So, start your search away from the river and you won’t have to look more than 30 feet or so off the trail. Not familiar with the area? WTA has a hike description and driving directions.