Mike Bond is a conservation and human rights advocate with years of working for African wildlife under his belt. His new book, The Last Savanna, is fast paced action novel set in Kenya, Ethiopia and Somalia. The novel is based on the author’s own experiences and highlights the war between ivory poachers and African wildlife conservation advocates. It’s an intense and personal portrayal of the beauty and violence of Africa, from the brutal slaughter of iconic wildlife species, the stunning wildness of the landscape, and the growth of terrorism. If you love adventure and wildlife (especially the exotic African kind), check this new novel out.
The book publisher and Out There Monthly are giving away two “Wilderness Survival Kits” full of cool camping/survival gear along with a copy of the book: “The Last Savanna.” Details on how two win one of these drawstring packs with the following outdoor items below:
- Survival card multi tool (Kikkerland)
- Colorful Bandanna (Carolina Mfg)
- Coghlan’s – 2 camping items (items may vary)
- Aquatabs water purification tablets
- Clearon neutral pH bleach tablets
- Nuun flavored electrolyte tablets
- Element Bars nutritional energy bar
- Gear Aid – Seam Grip and Tenacious Tape repair patches
- Badger organic sunblock and lip balm
- Grabber Emergency Blanket
- HeatMax Hand Warmers
- Action Wipes
- Easy Access Bandages (Tender Corporation)
To enter to win, follow these three easy steps: 1. Like Out There Monthly on Facebook (yeah, we gotta be FB friends for you to win); 2. Share and/or comment on your favorite Out There Monthly posts from our Facebook page between now and Feb. 28 (the more posts you share and comment on, the more times we’ll enter you in our random drawing); and 3. Send us an e-mail with your full name and “Wilderness Survival Kit Contest” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contest ends February 28, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. Sponsored by Meryl Moss Media Relations, Inc and Booktrib.com, a Lifestyle Destination for Book Lovers.