- Know Before You Go: Check the status of the place you want to visit. If it is closed, don’t go. If it’s crowded, have a plan B.
- Plan Ahead: Prepare for facilities to be closed; pack your own food; and bring essentials like hand sanitizer, sunscreen, first-aid supplies, appropriate clothing, water, and a face covering.
- Stay Close to Home: This is not the time to travel long distances to recreate. Many places are only open for day use.
- Practice Physical Distancing: Adventure only with your immediate household. Be prepared to cover your nose and mouth and give others space. If you are sick, stay home.
- Play It Safe: Slow down and choose lower-risk activities to reduce your risk of injury. Search and rescue operations and health care resources may be strained in some areas.
- Leave No Trace: Respect public lands and communities and take all your garbage with you.
(Adapted from tips courtesy of the Recreate Responsibly Coalition.)