If you haven’t gone out to the Steam Plant Grill’s
Wednesday Night Mountain Bike Series yet I’d like to provide some reasons to go. My son and I went last night and had blast.
• It’s close to town (7-Mile Rd. Airstrip at RSP)
• The trails are super-fun
• The scenery is lush and stunning right now
• The racers are friendly and welcoming to newbies
• The price is cheap ($15)
• Gino and Eric, two of the best race hands in the Northwest, put together a tight event w/ pro timing
• Did I mention free CDA Brewing Co beer at the finish line?
My son, 8-years-old doing his first MTB race ever, got a huge round of applause at the finish line even though he crashed at the end and clocked 92 minutes on the ten mile course. The final racer, who had to carry his disabled bike on the last part of the race, also got a big round of applause.
When it was over I didn’t want it to end. Maybe that means I should sign up for the 24 Hour Race next Year.
There are still 4 more races this season (6/4, 6/11, 6/18, and 6/25). Starting gun is at 6:30PM. You owe it to yourself to check it out. Call (509) 242-8568.