By Suzanne Tabert
With three simple ingredients you can whip up a batch of great-tasting fudge that’s healthier than store-bought alternatives. Making fudge couldn’t be any easier.
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- Melt the coconut oil and pour into a blender, adding the cocoa powder and maple syrup.
- Pulse on high until smooth.
- Pour into a loaf pan greased with a small amount of coconut oil.
- Place in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Cut and enjoy the smooth texture and superb taste! It’s a bit addicting, so make two batches. You can also make larger batches to store in the freezer for gifts and get togethers.
Suzanne Tabert is the author of “Wild and Beautiful, Naturally!: An Herbal Encyclopedia for Healthy Skin For a more beautiful you!” and the founder of Cedar Mountain Herb School.
Originally published in the Provisions section of the November-December 2021 print issue.
Find more Provisions recipes and food & drink articles in the OTO column archives.