This Booty has been found. Congratulations to the winner!
Play the OTM Backcountry Booty treasure hunt contest and you get to explore different trails around the region and possibly win gift certificates for cool outdoor gear and other prizes. Here’s how it works along with a few rules you need to follow to play:
- We hide a booty certificate, that’s good for whatever prizes are up for grabs, near a trail somewhere in a park or recreation area in the greater Spokane area.
- We name the general location and offer up a few clues and photos on Facebook and the Out There Monthly website (scroll down on this page for the clues and pics).
- You “like” Out There Monthly’s Facebook page to keep in the loop when a new booty is up for grabs, and then check the contest page at OutThereMonthly.com to review all the current clues.
- You take care not to trample native plants/wildlife while you’re searching. No digging, turning over rocks or disturbing shorelines, logs or brush that provide important wildlife habitat is required to find a booty and is highly frowned upon and will bring you bad booty karma! Walk, look around and pay attention to the clues and forest/nature around you. We also encourage you to take along a garbage bag for picking up trash whenever you’re out hunting for booty.
- We keep giving out clues on Facebook and on our website until someone finds the booty and wins.
- Winners take a victory photo at the location where they find it and post the photo on Out There Monthly’s Facebook page to confirm that the booty has been found (letting us know that you found the booty right away is important–email us with questions).
- Follow the instructions on the booty certificate and we will let you know where to pick up the prize(s)!
Avista Stand Up Paddleboard Package Backcountry Booty Prize 8.17.16 (This Booty was found 8.27.16)
Hiking, camping, boating, fishing—our region offers lots of outdoor recreation, including along the rivers and reservoirs where Avista owns and operates hydroelectric dams. Avista wants to add to your fun on the water by giving you a chance to win a Boardworks Jetty Stand Up Paddleboard with a paddle and an NRS Vista life jacket. This prize package also includes a $100 Avista Gift Certificate to use toward your energy bill, for a total prize-package value of $879.
At Avista, we’re committed to protecting and enhancing our recreational areas for everyone to enjoy. Remember to please play it safe above and below the dams and obey all posted warning and closure signs. For a map of our access sites and public facilities, visit avistautilities.com/rivermaps.
Caution–Poison Ivy in the area: There is poison ivy in places along the Spokane River and Centennial Trail near where this Backcountry Booty prize voucher has been hidden. We made sure not to hide it close to any poison ivy, but make sure you don’t stumble into any of these itch-producing plants while you’re out there searching, and take special care to keep children and pets safe. More info on poison ivy here.
This Booty was Found 8.27.16!
Backcountry Booty clue #5: How do you know you’re really close to the Avista stand up paddleboard package booty? Look up!
Backcountry Booty clue #4: An up-close view of the booty. A stone’s throw away from the trail.
Backcountry Booty clue #3: What a great spot to cool off with a swim or go paddleboarding! You’re getting closer to the booty, but you’re barking up the wrong tree if you hope to find it here. Please remember, no digging, moving rocks or disturbing native plants/trees/logs/shorelines/or brush is required to find this booty. Use your eyes and pay attention to the clues and the forest/nature around you!
Backcountry Booty clue #2: Look familiar? You are headed in the right direction.
Backcountry Booty clue #1: The photo below is your starting point for finding the Avista Stand Up Paddleboard Package Booty along the Spokane River. Visit Avista’s Spokane River recreation map here to find out where this photo was taken and where your starting point will be.