Job Title: Executive Director, Project Hope Spokane
Description: Provide organizational supervision, financial management, development, and fundraising
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in related field or five years experience in leadership and program development in a non-profit, educational institution, or equivalent.
Details: Paid 20 hr/week position. Further position description attached and available at projecthopespokane.org. Application materials accepted through November 1.
Please send resume, cover letter, and any additional supporting documents to: Project Hope Spokane, Attn: Hiring Committee, 1428 W Broadway Ave, Spokane, WA 99201, or email application materials to email@example.com.
Please direct questions to Sean Agriss at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-703-7433.
Project Hope Spokane provides the means for youth in Spokane’s West Central and Emerson Garfield neighborhoods to escape poverty and gang affiliation through organic gardening, lawn care and farmer’s market management.
Desired skills and experience:
• Understanding and alignment with mission of Project Hope
• Experience with fundraising
• Experience supervising employees
• Familiarity with challenges of West Central and Emerson Garfield neighborhoods
• Experience coordinating events
• Public speaking experience
• Work with ‘at-risk’ youth specifically around gang intervention and prevention
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Skills in communications and marketing, including social networking, media communication, and familiarity with working with non-profit boards, donors, foundations, and governmental entities
• Strong sense of community
• Working knowledge of food system and urban agriculture’s role within it
• Sense of humor
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain adequate financing for program needs through fundraising, grant-writing, donor relationships, and other opportunities
• Provide oversight of all Project Hope staff
• Serve as committee chair or appoint appropriate chairs for Development, Board Development, HR, Farmer’s Market, Lawn Care, and Riverfront Farm Advisory Committtee
• Maintain database of donors
• Oversee and develop all communications and marketing
• In conjunction with board, develop relevant and timely business plans for all project operations
• In coordination with Operations Manager and Board, develop business plans for program projects
• Program Development
• Research and apply for relevant grant opportunities, track monies received, and file timely reports on all grant funds
• Attend all board meetings and report on relevant staffing, finance, and development issues
• Develop and maintain relationships with appropriate organizations within the local community working on issues relevant to the work of Project Hope
• Serve as an Ambassador of Project Hope in relevant community settings