Out There Outdoors Events, Digital Marketing & Design Associate
Out There Outdoors, an outdoor adventure media and events company located in Spokane, Wash., is looking for an events and digital marketing associate. Out There Outdoors publishes a bi-monthly print magazine that’s also available online at Outthereoutdoors.com and puts on two events, the Spokane Great Outdoors & Bike Expo (Feb 25-26, 2023) and the Spokatopia Outdoor Adventure Festival (July 8, 2023).
What This Position Is All About
This flexible, part-time position will start at 5-10 hours per week between events and bi-monthly print deadlines and 20-40 hours per week leading up to events and 10-20 hours the week leading up to our bi-monthly print deadlines. This is a remote work position, although at least part-time residency in the greater Spokane area is preferred and being in Spokane the week of our two events is required. The position has the potential to expand with additional hours and responsibilities. The position includes the following event organizing and digital marketing tasks:
- Event Coordination: Assist with event planning and organizing leading up to our two events, including scheduling activities with and managing event partners; coordinate event logistics; update our WordPress event websites; assist with setup and cleanup of events; and serve as an event coordinator at each event.
- Event Marketing: Create a social media plan for each event and then create, schedule, and post social media posts on our event pages; write short online articles about each event; create and distribute event posters and flyers; create and post event digital ads; assist with designing other event advertising and promotional creative.
- Digital Marketing & Design: Assist staff with posting sponsored digital content online at OutThereOutdoors.com; create and send marketing emails; create and post sponsored social media posts for clients; create and post digital ads on our website; and design print ads for select clients.
Position Skill, Education, & Experience Requirements
- College degree in communications, hospitality, marketing, graphic design or other relevant education.
- Job experience with event organizing/planning, digital marketing, and/or design.
- Proficiency with WordPress; Photoshop, InDesign and/or Canva; Mailchimp or similar email marketing app; and Facebook, Instagram, and ideally TikTok.
- Experience creating short, creative videos for social media and YouTube.
- Passion for outdoor recreation, wildlife, and natural resource conservation in the Pacific NW and beyond.
Interested applicants should submit a short cover letter and resume covering relevant experience and education by December 20, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Compensation is dependent on experience.
Account Executive // Sales
Do you have experience with ad sales for print, digital, and/or radio/tv and a passion for outdoor recreation and the Inland Northwest? We are on the lookout for the right person for a flexible, part-time sales position with commission. Work at home or in your own office at your own pace selling print and digital advertising, exhibitor space for our two events, and sponsorships. Reach out to publisher Derrick Knowles at email@example.com if you think you’d be a good fit! Position is open until filled.
Freelance Writers & Photographers Wanted
Out There Outdoors is looking for additional freelance writers and photographers to contribute to our bi-monthly print publication and website. We are especially interested in writers with a passion for and experience cross-country and/or downhill mountain biking; gravel biking; alpine and backcountry skiing and snowboarding; Nordic skiing, fat biking, or snowshoeing; fishing, especially fly fishing; running, especially trail running; river rafting/kayaking/pack rafting; long-distance hiking; trail building and trail policy; rock climbing; family outdoor activities/adventuring with kids; boating/wake surfing and other wake sports; and any other unique sports/activities or unique approaches to outdoor recreation in the Inland NW. We also love outdoor/Northwest living and culture topics including history, gardening, green living, natural landscaping, DIY home improvement, sustainable building, music, art, literature, food, local agriculture, fashion trends, gear, events, outdoor-themed cultural trends; and more. We aren’t total cheapskates either! We pay for words and photos and offer perks like free or discount lift tickets to our winter sports contributors, event tickets, and occasional trips or adventures covered as part of working on a story.
Email OTO editor Derrick Knowles at firstname.lastname@example.org with pitches or questions!