There’s an impressive schedule of events lined up with many opportunities to get out with others and explore the Dishman Hills hiking trails in Spokane Valley this spring and summer.
- May 9: Two for Tuesday hike (every second and fourth Tuesday every month) at 2 p.m., locations listed online. These hikes will cover information about Dishman Hills and get participants outside for exercise with other nature enthusiasts.
- May 15-19: Kids in the Hills Pre-Field Class at 1 p.m.-4 p.m., locations will vary. The Dishman Hills Education Committee is working with kids in Spokane to prepare for the annual Kids in the Hills event. Volunteers visit multiple schools in Spokane to present the pre-field trip information.
- May 24-31: Kids in the Hills at 8:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Dishman Hills
Kids in the Hills offers students an educational and exciting field day in the Dishman Hills. Through hands-on activities, students learn about observation skills, animal adaptations, natural science, and enjoy time out in nature. Volunteers are needed.
- June 3: Songbird walk at 6:30 a.m.-9 a.m., Stevens Creek Trailhead. Iller Creek is among the best places in Spokane to hear a diversity of singing migrant songbirds. Sometimes you can see them too!
- June 10: Orchid hike at 9 a.m.-12 p.m. at Camp Caro Lodge. Dishman Hills is home to beautiful geology and plant life. Gain some insights on the geology and history of the area, as well as some info on native wildflowers, including orchids, which may or may not be in bloom at the time of the hike.
Visit the Dishman Hills Conservancy’s website for more information on upcoming events at Dishmanhills.org