This Booty has been found! Congrats to the winners and thank you to our sponsor Eagles Nest Outfitters (aka ENO)!
Play the OTM Backcountry Booty treasure hunt contest and you get to explore different trails around the region and possibly win gift certificates for cool outdoor gear and other prizes. Here’s how it works along with a few rules you need to follow to play:
- We hide a booty certificate, that’s good for whatever prizes are up for grabs, near a trail somewhere in a park or recreation area in the greater Spokane area.
- We name the general location and offer up a few clues and photos on Facebook and the Out There Monthly website (scroll down on this page for the clues and pics).
- You “like” Out There Monthly’s Facebook page to keep in the loop when a new booty is up for grabs, and then check the contest page at OutThereMonthly.com to review all the current clues.
- You take care not to trample native plants/wildlife while you’re searching. No digging, turning over rocks or disturbing shorelines, logs or brush that provide important wildlife habitat is required to find a booty and is highly frowned upon and will bring you bad booty karma! Walk, look around and pay attention to the clues and forest/nature around you. We also encourage you to take along a garbage bag for picking up trash whenever you’re out hunting for booty.
- We keep giving out clues on Facebook and on our website until someone finds the booty and wins.
- Winners take a victory photo at the location where they find it and post the photo on Out There Monthly’s Facebook page to confirm that the booty has been found (letting us know that you found the booty right away is important–email us with questions).
- Follow the instructions on the booty certificate and we will let you know where to pick up the prize(s)!
ENO DoubleNest Hammock & Moonshine Lantern (This Booty has been found)
Thanks to our sponsor Eagles Nest Outfitters (aka ENO) for this Backcountry Booty prize pack that includes a DoubleNest Hammock, big enough for two and palatial for one, and a cool Moonshine Lantern to hang above your hammock. Find this Booty and get relaxing thanks to ENO!
THIS BOOTY HAS BEEN FOUND!
Backcountry Booty clue #5: If you can find this spot and cruise around a bit, you might walk right up to the booty.
Backcountry Booty clue #4: Arceuthobium douglasii. Yes, that’s your clue.
Backcountry Booty clue #3: Now you’re getting somewhere.
Backcountry Booty clue #2: Headed in the right direction.
Backcountry Booty clue #1: You can’t go wrong with a hike to one of Spokane County’s amazing Conservation Areas (thanks Conservation Futures Program!). The clues for this Booty start from the westside trailhead at the Antoine Peak Conservation Area in Spokane Valley, but those who know this area well can take advantage of other ways to get to the final Booty hiding place. Here’s what you’re looking for (below), but don’t expect it to be sitting out in the open.