THIS BOOTY HAS BEEN FOUND!
Play the OTM Backcountry Booty treasure hunt contest and you get to explore different trails around the region and possibly win gift certificates for cool outdoor gear and other prizes. Here’s how it works along with a few rules you need to follow to play:
- We hide a booty certificate, that’s good for whatever prizes are up for grabs, near a trail somewhere in a park or recreation area in the greater Spokane area.
- We name the general location and offer up a few clues and photos on Facebook and the Out There Monthly website (scroll down on this page for the clues and pics).
- You “like” Out There Monthly’s Facebook page to keep in the loop when a new booty is up for grabs, and then check the contest page at OutThereMonthly.com to review all the current clues.
- You take care not to trample native plants/wildlife while you’re searching. No digging, turning over rocks or disturbing shorelines, logs or brush that provide important wildlife habitat is required to find a booty and is highly frowned upon and will bring you bad booty karma! Walk, look around and pay attention to the clues and forest/nature around you. We also encourage you to take along a garbage bag for picking up trash whenever you’re out hunting for booty.
- We keep giving out clues on Facebook and on our website until someone finds the booty and wins.
- Winners take a victory photo at the location where they find it and post the photo on Out There Monthly’s Facebook page to confirm that the booty has been found (letting us know that you found the booty right away is important–email us with questions).
- Follow the instructions on the booty certificate and we will let you know where to pick up the prize(s)!
Avista Sponsored Elektra Women’s Snowshoeing Package 11.28.16
Hiking, camping, boating, fishing, and snowshoeing—our region offers lots of outdoor recreation, including along the rivers and reservoirs where Avista owns and operates hydroelectric dams. Avista wants to add to your winter fun by giving you a chance to win an Atlas Elektra snowshoeing kit from Mountain Gear that includes snowshoes and poles with powder baskets. This prize package also includes a $100 Avista Gift Certificate to use toward your energy bill, for a total prize-package value of $300.
At Avista, we’re committed to protecting and enhancing our recreational areas for everyone to enjoy. Remember to please play it safe above and below the dams and obey all posted warning and closure signs. For a map of our access sites and public facilities, visit avistautilities.com/rivermaps.
THIS BOOTY HAS BEEN FOUND!
Backcountry Booty clue #4: Don’t plan on staying the night at this old cabin, but if you found it, you’re pretty close. Between here and the photo from clue #3 is where you’ll want to narrow your search.
Backcountry Booty clue #3: There’s a clue here in the shadows that will keep you going in the right direction at this important trail junction.
‘Backcountry Booty clue #2: From the trailhead, walk right along the fence line to the crossroads. Find this route and you’re headed down the right path.
Backcountry Booty clue #1: Find this photo on the Avista “Spokane River Recreation Opportunities” map here and you will know where to start looking for this Backcountry Booty on a piece of beautiful Spokane County park land.