In case you haven’t heard there’s been an ongoing conflict in Ferry County WA over ORV access on trails. Here’s the latest the Quiet Communities Coalition:
Greetings Quiet Communities Coalition Members and supporters,
It was this time last year when QCC embarked on a successful challenge of the illegal Ferry County OHV Ordinances. The two ill-conceived OHV Ordinances, designed to blanket the county with OHV routes, were permanently prohibited.
Quiet Communities Coalition persists in our work advocating for safe roads and a balanced recreation policy for Ferry County. And our mission will continue to be challenged.
Now, the County plans on developing another OHV Ordinance…but this time we’d like to help shape the outcome.
The original QCC Board of Directors and a few volunteers can’t continue to do everything…we need the help of more dedicated members. The Board of Directors encourages you to join one of several committees working on a range of projects.
Our current and future projects include:
· Working with FC Commissioners to develop a legal OHV Ordinance
· Completing and submitting 501(C)3 paperwork for non-profit status
· Attending and monitoring County Commissioner and City hall meetings
· Communicating with the public and QCC members on OHV issues
· Organizing fundraising and member meetings
· Producing special events like a bird festival or mountain bike rally
· Commenting on the OHV Environmental Impact Statement (EIS)
· Monitoring state and regional legislation concerning OHV issues
The Board of Directors provides direction for all committees and communicates via email and/or phone. Committees meet, when needed, in Curlew or Republic. If you work well with people, have a little extra time and energy, then please consider the rewards of being part of a QCC committee and help preserve our quality of life.
Please respond to this email with any questions, suggestions, or ideas on how you can help. Or call Steve Anthes at 779-4117.
Steve Anthes, Vice President
Quiet Communities Coalition Board of Directors
P.O. Box 966 Republic, WA 99166