Experience a bit of wildland fire fighting history on a hike to one of these Inland Northwest fire lookouts.
- Columbia Breaks Fire Lookout Center, Entiat, Wash. A .5-mile self-guided fire interpretive walk, with a Smokey Bear birthday celebration event on August 10th, 10am-2pm
- Goat Peak Lookout. A 5-mile round-trip hike to a staffed lookout near Mazama.
- Mount Bonaparte. An 11-mile round-trip hike to a 1914 lookout cabin northeast of Tonasket, Wash.
- Columbia Mountain. A 7.5-mile round-trip hike on the Kettle Crest in Northeast Washington to a lookout cabin restored during a Passport In Time project in 2009.
- Vista House. A .25-mile round-trip hike to the upstairs portion of Vista House, the 1934 original fire lookout on Mount Spokane. Undergoing renovations.
- Lookout Mountain. A 5-mile round-trip hike overlooking Priest Lake in North Idaho.
- Oregon Butte. A 6-mile round-trip hike in the Wenaha-Tucannon Wilderness in southeast Washington to a fire lookout that is staffed during the summer.