This Backcountry Booty has been FOUND by some dedicated searchers! Congrats Elaina and family!
In this Backcountry Booty, the winner will claim a literary bundle of books associated with the upcoming Get Lit! Festival. Titles include:
- Best Tent Camping Washington, 3rd Edition by Ellie Kozlowski
- Making Landfall by Paul Lindholdt
- Get Lit! 20th Anniversary Anthology (collection of short stories, poems, and essays)
- Putting on the Dog: The Animal Origins of What We Wear by Melissa Kwasny
- Fall Back Down When I Die by Joe Wilkins
The Booty ALSO includes a Get Lit! tote bag, 2 Get Lit! pint glasses, and 2 Spokatopia Adventure Passes, good for both days of the 2019 Spokatopia Outdoor Adventure Festival.
Clues are below, as are the rules on how to play! Good luck!
Play the Out There Outdoors Backcountry Booty treasure hunt contest and you get to explore different trails around the region and possibly win gift certificates for cool outdoor gear and other prizes. Here’s how it works along with a few rules you need to follow to play:
- We hide a booty certificate, that’s good for whatever prizes are up for grabs, near a trail somewhere in a park or recreation area in the greater Spokane area.
- We name the general location and offer up a few clues and photos on Facebook and the Out There Outdoors website (scroll down on this page for the clues and pics).
- You “like” the Out There Outdoors Facebook page to keep in the loop when a new booty is up for grabs, and then check the contest page at OutThereOutdoors.com to review all the current clues.
- You take care not to trample native plants/wildlife while you’re searching. No digging, turning over rocks or disturbing shorelines, logs or brush that provide important wildlife habitat is required to find a booty and is highly frowned upon and will bring you bad booty karma! Walk, look around and pay attention to the clues and forest/nature around you. We also encourage you to take along a garbage bag for picking up trash whenever you’re out hunting for booty.
- We keep giving out clues on Facebook and on our website until someone finds the booty and wins.
- Winners take a victory photo at the location where they find it and post the photo on the Out There Outdoors Facebook page to confirm that the booty has been found (letting us know that you found the booty right away is important–email us with questions).
- Follow the instructions on the booty certificate and we will let you know where to pick up the prize(s)!
Clue #1: This Booty is hidden in the Iller Creek / Big Rock area of the Dishman Hills Conservation Area! Our Booty hider went up the Stevens Creek Trailhead. . . but you can also find the Booty just fine by taking the Iller Creek trail. The Booty is hidden in the rocks at the top, so enjoy the view hiking up no matter which route you choose and let the searching begin when you get to the rocks!